By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Tamarac Talk continues providing updates from the Florida Department of Health.
On December 27, there were 84,568 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida, with 11,513 returning positive. Last week, Florida saw the most cases they’ve had since the peak of the pandemic on July 12, when a record 15,394 were recorded.
There were 3,379 positive COVID-19 cases in Tamarac, an increase of 47 positive cases since we last updated readers on December 26.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 1,280,177 positive COVID-19 cases to date. Florida is one of only three states in the U.S. to have recorded over one million COVID-19 cases, with only California and Texas registering more.
The average age to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on December 25 was 42-years-old, a slight uptick compared to previous days. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 21,308 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19 and a total of 61,663 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 29,731
Pompano Beach 13,693
Coral Springs 6,962
Deerfield Beach 3,855
Coconut Creek 3,017
Pembroke Pines 2,348
North Lauderdale 2,179
Oakland Park 1,831
Cooper City 1,348
Wilton Manors 593
Lauderdale Lakes 565
Southwest Ranches 454
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 25, 2023City of Lauderhill Food Truck Roll Event Returns September 29
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023Dirty Dog’s Car Wash Opens with Grand Opening Celebration
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023Lauderhill’s Mayor Thurston Hosts Move with the Mayor and Fitness Challenge
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Tamarac Man Attempts to Drown Woman in Community Pool