By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man has succumbed to his injuries after a Tamarac man, who drove his car the wrong way on South Federal Highway, collided head-on with his vehicle.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, on July 25, just after 4 a.m. a Chrysler Town & Country van driven by Carlos Varas, 38, of Tamarac was heading north in the southbound lanes of the highway near Dania Beach when it struck a Honda Civic. The head-on collision propelled the car driven by Adam Abdou-Essa, 21 of Davie, into the west guardrail.
Both drivers and a passenger in the Honda were taken to Broward Health Medical Center. Abdou-Essa had life threatening injuries and died at nearly a week later on July 31. His passenger was treated for serious injuries and released. Varas was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Traffic Homicide Investigation unit detectives suspect that Varas entered the wrong lane at or prior to Griffin Road. No charges have been made at this time and a preliminary DUI investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO THI Detective Sean Williams at 954-375-3181.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac