By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man has succumbed to his injuries after a Tamarac man, who drove his car the wrong way on South Federal Highway, collided head-on with his vehicle.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, on July 25, just after 4 a.m. a Chrysler Town & Country van driven by Carlos Varas, 38, of Tamarac was heading north in the southbound lanes of the highway near Dania Beach when it struck a Honda Civic. The head-on collision propelled the car driven by Adam Abdou-Essa, 21 of Davie, into the west guardrail.
Both drivers and a passenger in the Honda were taken to Broward Health Medical Center. Abdou-Essa had life threatening injuries and died at nearly a week later on July 31. His passenger was treated for serious injuries and released. Varas was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Traffic Homicide Investigation unit detectives suspect that Varas entered the wrong lane at or prior to Griffin Road. No charges have been made at this time and a preliminary DUI investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO THI Detective Sean Williams at 954-375-3181.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County