By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac has many residents in same-sex relationships who do not enjoy the same legal rights as their neighbors.
According to the Sun-Sentinel, the nationwide “Mayors for Freedom to Marry” is a bipartisan coalition of Mayors who pledge to support marriage for gay and lesbian couples. Currently, several South Florida Mayors have signed up to show their support: Pam Donovan of Margate, Marilyn Gerber of Coconut Creek, Judy Paul of Davie, Gery Resnick of Wilton Manors, Mike Ryan of Sunrise, and Anne Salle of Oakland Park.
Allowing loving and committed couples to join in marriage has benefits not just for couples and their families—but also for society. Marriage encourages people to take responsibility for each other, provides greater security for children, and helps our country live up to its promises set forth in our founding documents. These are important values for a strong society, and we should encourage them.” San Diego’s Republican Mayor Jerry Sanders – Chair of Mayors for the Freedom to Marry
I am not only asking Mayor Beth Talabisco but other South Florida Mayors to join the other 240 Democrats and Republicans that are already showing their support. Sign up for the Mayors for the Freedom to Marry.
For more information, please visit Mayors for the Freedom to Marry.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale