By Selene Raj
As Tamarac enters autumn and the holiday season approaches, the most financially draining time of year could hit families even harder this year with the impact of Covid-19.
Feeding South Florida and local organizations are continuing to lend a helping hand to those in need by hosting free food distributions in Tamarac.
The next scheduled distribution in the city is being held by the Korean United Methodist Church, located at 6501 W Commercial Boulevard, on Saturday, October 3, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m, so long as supplies last.
The Community Christian Church, located at 10001 W Commercial Boulevard, will be hosting one on Monday, October 5, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. as long as supplies last.
Additionally, Christian Life Center, located at 2699 W Commercial Boulevard, will be hosting two distributions, on Wednesdays, October 14 and October 21, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. while supplies last.
For additional information and distribution sites outside of Tamarac, visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.18‘One Tamarac’ Multicultural Festival Moves Forward with New Date
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.30Commissioner Bolton Expresses Remorse Over Calling City Attorney ‘Untrustworthy’