By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella’s boys and girls teams both qualified for the State Championship after impressive performances in Regionals.
Tawannah McLemore led the Trojans, qualifying in two individual events along with one relay. She will compete in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke while swimming in the 200-yard freestyle with Giani Francis, Rwani Ceballos, and Caroline Gonzalez.
The boys also qualified in the 200-yard freestyle with Jayden Davis, Zane Samms, Miles Green, and Andres Garcia. They also took the final spot in the states in the 400-yard freestyle with Davis, Green, Mekhi Dawkins, and Zane Samms while Green also qualified in the 50-yard freestyle.
JPT is set to swim in States on November 10 at FAST in Ocala.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent