By Ryan Yousefi
On the heels of announcing an upcoming wave of new hires, the Broward Sheriff’s Office has announced a range of new available job openings and volunteer positions.
In June, the department posted an array of openings for those with specific skills, such as tactical helicopter pilots and administrators. BSO has now added new openings that include roles with the Fire Department, youth programs, and volunteer services.
In addition to job openings listed on the Broward Sheriff’s Office Online Career Center webpage, BSO has now listed available job openings that include:
- Reserve Firefighter Program: Join the ranks of the brave and become a reserve firefighter, playing a crucial role in protecting lives and property.
- Academic Internship Program: For those seeking hands-on experience in law enforcement, the academic internship program offers valuable opportunities for professional growth.
- Citizens Academy: This program provides an inside look into the workings of the Broward Sheriff’s Office, fostering better understanding and collaboration between the community and law enforcement.
- Contact Recruitment Unit: The Contact Recruitment Unit acts as a gateway for potential candidates, providing guidance to the department as they attempt to fill specific roles with the best available candidates.
- Law Enforcement Explorers: Young individuals (14-20 years of age) interested in law enforcement can gain valuable insights and experience through this exploratory program.
- Fire Rescue Cadets: Aspiring firefighters can receive specialized training and guidance as fire rescue cadets.
- COP (Citizen Observer Patrol): Volunteers in this program assist law enforcement by patrolling neighborhoods, enhancing safety, and fostering positive relationships with residents.
- Posse Program: This volunteer program supports various BSO initiatives, contributing significantly to community welfare.
To explore the above opportunities and apply for a position that suits you, visit the official Broward Sheriff’s Office website at jobs.sheriff.org.
The website provides a comprehensive list of positions currently open for applications, allowing individuals to find a role that aligns with their skills and interests.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education
- NewsFebruary 17, 20245th Annual Jazz Under the Stars Returns to Lauderhill on February 17