Pre-Covid Hazardous Waste Event
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Through a cooperative agreement, several Broward County cities hold one-day events throughout the year to dispose of hazardous materials.
These cities are Parkland, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Tamarac.
Residents won’t even need to leave their vehicles. Just drive through, show a valid driver’s license from one of the participating cities above, and workers will remove the items from the car.
On Saturday, February 27, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents may drop off these items: aerosol products, ammonia, ammunition, antifreeze, auto fluids, auto batteries, boat batteries, boat fluids, charcoal starter, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), drain cleaners, fertilizer, fire extinguishers, fireworks, flares, fluorescent tubes, gasoline, herbicides, household cleansers, insecticide, kerosene, lawn chemicals, lighter fluid, mercury thermometers, motor oil, nail polish & remover, paint, pesticides, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, propane tanks, rechargeable batteries, rust remover, solvents, spot remover, tires (limit 4), turpentine, weedkiller, wood stain, and wood stripper.
Also included are answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, and wires.
Business and government-generated waste, explosives, bio-hazardous waste, microwaves, and appliances.
This month’s location is in North Lauderdale at 701 SW 71st Avenue. You will not need to leave your car. Just drive through, show a valid driver’s license from one of the participating cities above, and workers will remove the items from your vehicle.
Remember, residents may not drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- News2022.11.30School Choice Application Window Opens for 2023/24