By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella High School girls lacrosse continue to win as they defeated Coral Glades High School 19-0 on senior night.
Prior to the game, the Trojans honored Priscilla Santos, Remy Simpson, Celina Halley-Saunders, Crystal Boudreau, Kailey McKenna, Valeria Velez, Emily Echeverry, and Siara Ocana.
Head Coach Megan Letizia says that these eighth girls are some of the most amazing girls she had the privilege to coach.
“I remember them all starting out in the game; quiet and scared, but I knew they all had something special about them,” said Letizia. “Now, as seniors, every single day, they make me proud not only on the field but in their personal lives. They are driven, confident, funny, brilliant, natural-born leaders.”
This season, JPT defeated West Broward, Coral Glades, Pompano Beach, South Plantation, and Fort Lauderdale High School.
Up next, the Trojans will have some time off for spring break and return to the field on Tuesday, March 30 at 4 p.m. against Coral Springs High School.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2022.01.14J.P. Taravella’s Boys and Girls Soccer Teams Earn Commanding Wins
- News2022.01.12J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Set to Host Car Wash on January 15
- News2022.01.08J.P. Taravella Boys and Girls Basketball Each Win 4th Game Over Plantation
- Schools2022.01.07J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Records 6 Goals in 1st Win of 2022