By Kevin Deutsch
Experts will discuss taxes for Lauderhill residents and business owners at the Explaining Your Taxes Virtual Forum on Tuesday, Dec. 5.
Presented by Lauderhill Commissioner Lawrence “Jabbow” Martin, the event will feature guest panelists Marty Kiar, the Broward County Property Appraiser, and Kennie Hobbs, Lauderhill’s Deputy City Manager and Finance Director, according to the city.
The forum will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and viewed live on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityoflauderhill.
To receive a link to watch via Zoom, or to submit questions for the forum, fill out a registration form here.
“Some of the biggest concerns that residents and business owners of Lauderhill have regarding taxes are where do their taxes go, what do their tax dollars pay for, and how can the city minimize the burden on taxpayers,” states the city’s announcement of the event. “We invite you to join our panelists of experts along with moderator Commissioner Lawrence “Jabbow” Martin as they answer your question and help to explain what is done with your taxes.”
For more information call 954-777-2043.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 17, 2024Bolton Says He Won’t Accept Benefits From Tamarac’s Shaker Village Deal
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Detectives Arrest Suspect in Fire That Killed Tamarac Woman
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Tamarac Rejects Land Sale to Developer for Village Project
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024BSO Makes 17 Arrests After String of Tamarac Car Thefts