By Kevin Deutsch
Traffic homicide detectives are investigating a crash that killed a motorcyclist in Tamarac Sunday, authorities said.
At approximately 9:38 p.m., Stephanie Lynne Loxton, 29, was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox when she tried to exit Northwest 78th Street and turn left onto North Pine Island Road, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Around the same time, an adult male motorcyclist riding a 2021 Kawasaki Ninja southbound on North Pine Island Road approached the intersection with Northwest 78th Street, deputies said.
The Equinox crossed over the southbound lanes of North Pine Island Road, deputies said, and the motorcyclist applied the brakes to his Kawasaki.
The motorcycle fell onto its left side, sliding across the roadway and colliding with the driver’s side of the Equinox, deputies said.
Both vehicles came to rest in the intersection.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced the motorcyclist dead at the scene. His name was withheld by BSO under Marsy’s Law.
The driver of the Equinox remained on scene and cooperated with the investigation, deputies said.
According to traffic homicide detectives, neither excessive speed nor mechanical malfunction are being considered as contributing causes to the crash. Their investigation is continuing.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 17, 2024Bolton Says He Won’t Accept Benefits From Tamarac’s Shaker Village Deal
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Detectives Arrest Suspect in Fire That Killed Tamarac Woman
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Tamarac Rejects Land Sale to Developer for Village Project
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024BSO Makes 17 Arrests After String of Tamarac Car Thefts