By Kevin Deutsch
Broward County Public Schools have recorded 2,794 COVID-19 cases among students and staff as of Oct. 6, up 546 from the 2,248 recorded as of Sept. 27, data show.
Coronavirus infections have been confirmed for at least 2,236 students and 558 school employees, according to the school system’s COVID-19 dashboard. The data show self-reported coronavirus cases for school employees, as well as confirmed cases for students attending in-person instruction, since school began Aug. 18.
Only schools reporting at least one COVID-19 case are shown below. If cases increased since Sept. 16, the difference is included.
Millennium 6-12 Collegiate Academy reported 26 cases, up from 24.
Discovery Elementary School reported 22 cases, up from 18.
Pinewood Elementary School reported four cases.
Tamarac Elementary School reported four cases.
Coral Springs schools
Coral Glades High School has reported 52 cases, up from 36.
J.P. Taravella High School reported eight cases.
Coral Springs High School reported 36 cases, up from 21.
Coral Springs Middle School reported seven cases, up from six.
Forest Glen Middle School reported seven cases, up from six.
Ramblewood Middle School reported 20 cases, up from 14.
Sawgrass Springs Middle School reported 19 cases, up from one.
Coral Springs Elementary School reported eight cases, up from six.
Parkside Elementary School reported five cases.
Riverside Elementary School reported 24 cases, up from 17.
Westchester Elementary School reported 18 cases.
Ramblewood Elementary School reported 23 cases, up from 21.
Country Hills Elementary School reported five cases, up from four.
Coral Park Elementary School reported seven cases, up from six.
Park Springs Elementary School reported 23 cases, up from 21.
Forest Hills Elementary School reported twenty cases, up from four.
Eagle Ridge Elementary School reported nine cases, up from eight.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.05.13‘Kill Them One by One’: Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Election Workers
- News2023.05.12Caught on Camera: Help Solve a Murder Mystery in North Lauderdale
- News2023.05.11Hot ‘Nugget’ Controversy: McDonald’s Faces Lawsuit Over ‘McScalding’ Incident
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose