By: Sharon Aron Baron
A poker-playing tourist was drugged by two unknown women and brought back to his hotel room, then burglarized.
Detectives are releasing video of the Sept. 13 incident that began at the Hard Rock Casino and ended in a Dania Beach hotel room in order to help identify the suspects.
Security video from the Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood shows the victim around 2 a.m. playing poker when he was approached by two women who started a conversation with him. While at the slot machines the security video shows the blonde-haired suspect pouring a substance into the victim’s drink and then handing it to him. Immediately after taking it, he said he felt drugged and had difficulty moving.
One of the suspects assisted him with getting a ride and they walked him outside to a waiting car which BSO Dania Beach detectives now say they do not believe was involved. They then drove to the Sleeping Inn in Dania Beach in a black or dark-colored Honda Fit.
According to the victim as soon as he entered his hotel room he lost consciousness. When he woke up in the morning he discovered $1,000 and a gold and silver Rolex worth approximately $15,000 was missing.
One suspect has blonde hair, a tattoo on her upper left chest and is between 35 to 45 years old. She wore a black blouse and black pants. The second suspect is also 35 to 45 years old and was wearing a leopard jumpsuit.
If you recognize the suspects, please contact Det. Taylor Powell at 954-518-0153. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.3023-Year-Old Man Fatally Shot in North Lauderdale; Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit Investigating
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale