By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of Tamarac crime and arrests through May 30, 2022.
8800 block of W. McNab Rd.
On 05/27/2022, a vehicle caught fire while driving east. Vehicle towed by Westway. No victims are listed.
NW 17th Ter.
On 05/29/2022, a caller said he had not seen his gun since 05/26/22 when he was driving somewhere in the City of Hollywood, and he moved it from his driver’s door to his center console. Since then, the caller said he has been all over the county, going to downtown Ft. Lauderdale and a gym in Pompano. He didn’t remember if he moved the gun into his house but checked and didn’t see it in the home or his car, and there was no forced entry to his vehicle. He stated he was on I-95 driving to South Carolina, where he will be for two months, and he also does not have the serial number for the gun.
NW 57th St.
On 05/25/2022, a 14-year-old female juvenile ran away from home. Juvenile has been reported missing on teletype records.
NW 58th St.
On 05/25/2022, an unknown male approached children at a playground and was trying to befriend them.
W. McNab Rd.
On 05/25/2022, a vehicle’s catalytic converter was stolen. Tot. Est. Loss: $900.
On 05/25/2022, a catalytic converter was stolen from a blue Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. Tot. Est. Loss: $1,000.
N. State Rd. 7
On 05/24/2022, a caller advised that his employee stole $8758.54 while working at an undisclosed workplace over the weekend.
Rodriguez Martinez, Jose Miguel, 25, was arrested on Warrant charges on White Cedar Ln on 05/27/2022.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.06.04Teen Killed in Tamarac Crash Remembered as ‘Ray of Sunshine’
- News2023.06.02Woman Steals Ambulance in Tamarac, Causes 2 Car Accidents
- News2023.05.31Crash Claims the Life of 18-Year-Old Coral Springs Man: Investigation Underway
- News2023.05.315 People Injured in Tamarac Crash, Taken to Area Hospitals