By Ryan Yousefi
A Tamarac man was arrested and charged by the Broward County Sheriff’s Office with two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation of a minor after allegedly sexually assaulting her while she slept.
On January 13, Francisco Antonio Martinez Renderos, 32, Tamarac, was arrested during a traffic stop on an active warrant related to the incident after DNA evidence confirmed the victim’s claims.
According to the police report, on July 29, Martinez Renderos, the victim, and other children, ages five and six, were sleeping together in the same bed when his girlfriend left the bed to sleep in the living room.
The victim told deputies sometime after that, she awoke to Martinez Renderos pinning her down with her undergarments removed and sexually assaulting her.
The report states the victim immediately reported the claim to her mother, who confronted Martinez Renderos about her daughter’s allegations.
According to the police report, Martinez Renderos denied the allegations but agreed to leave home so she could “cool down.”
The victim met with authorities on the same day of the alleged incident to provide a written statement of her claims and DNA samples.
Due to the age of the other children present at the time of the alleged assault, they could not be interviewed.
Later in the day, Martinez Renderos provided DNA swabs to authorities and confirmed during an interview with investigators that he had been sleeping in the same bed as the victim and his girlfriend’s other children but, again, denied the sexual assault took place.
The police report states on September 6, DNA results confirmed the victim’s claims that the sexual assault took place, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
On January 13, Martinez Renderos was taken into custody and transported to the Broward County Main Jail, where he is held on a $5,000 bond.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Paws with Claus Holiday Paw-ty Takes Place at Gary B Jones Park on December 9
- NewsDecember 5, 20234th Annual Hope for the Holidays Toy Distribution Takes Place on December 16
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Toy Drive Spreads Holiday Cheer
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Senior Citizen Wreaks Havoc During DMV Eye Exam, Faces Charges for Equipment Demolition