By Sharon Aron Baron
A deadly mystery has been unraveled in Tamarac.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit and the Missing Persons Unit, in collaboration with several other law enforcement agencies, arrested two suspects in connection to the murder of 28-year-old Gianni Coto of Tamarac.
Coto was reported missing by his family on January 25, after he was last seen near the 8900 block of Northwest 77th Court in Tamarac.
Through extensive investigation, detectives uncovered a disturbing chain of events that led to Coto’s tragic death. It is believed that Coto visited the residence of his estranged wife, Trinity Bownes, 31, on January 21, and a heated argument ensued, leading to Coto’s fatal stabbing. Brandon Jenkins, 29, was also present at the residence and became involved in the altercation.
The body of the deceased was buried off State Road 60 in Indian River County, but with the assistance of the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office, detectives were able to locate and recover Coto’s remains on January 30.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy, which confirmed Coto’s death as a result of a stabbing.
Warrants were obtained for the arrest of the two suspects on February 1, 2023, and Jenkins was taken into custody by the Clarksville Police Department in Tennessee on February 3.
Bownes surrendered to the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office in California the following day. Both suspects are expected to be extradited to Broward County to face charges of first-degree murder and tampering with evidence.
Mugshots of Bownes and Jenkins weren’t immediately available.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.3023-Year-Old Man Fatally Shot in North Lauderdale; Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit Investigating
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale