By: Saraana Jamraj
As part of their adult trips and tours program, the City of Tamarac is offering discounted tickets to Hamilton, the wildly popular musical about the founding fathers with a hip-hop twist.
Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s famous Broadway musical, debuted to completely sold-out audiences in New York, where it in 2015 and has been praised ever since. The musical is a retelling of Alexander Hamilton’s story — incorporating hip-hop, R&B, pop, soul, and traditional-style show tunes.
Tickets at the Kravis Center online range from $200 to almost $1,700, but if purchased through the Tamarac Community Center, they’re $250 for residents and $260 for non-residents. This includes transportation.
The showing is Thursday, February 13, and attendees will be transported by bus, which will depart from the Tamarac Community Center at 4:00 p.m. and is expected to return is 11:00 p.m.
Registration is required at 954-597-3620. Sorry, no online registration.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- News2020.05.28Commission Proposes Transferring $250,000 in Relief for Tamarac Residents
- News2020.05.26Mitch Ceasar Qualifies to Run for Broward Supervisor of Elections
- News2020.05.26Commission Set to Discuss Resident Assistance, Woodlands Development, and White Supremacy
- News2020.05.21Census Hiring Bilingual Employees