By: Saraana Jamraj
As part of their adult trips and tours program, the City of Tamarac is offering discounted tickets to Hamilton, the wildly popular musical about the founding fathers with a hip-hop twist.
Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s famous Broadway musical, debuted to completely sold-out audiences in New York, where it in 2015 and has been praised ever since. The musical is a retelling of Alexander Hamilton’s story — incorporating hip-hop, R&B, pop, soul, and traditional-style show tunes.
Tickets at the Kravis Center online range from $200 to almost $1,700, but if purchased through the Tamarac Community Center, they’re $250 for residents and $260 for non-residents. This includes transportation.
The showing is Thursday, February 13, and attendees will be transported by bus, which will depart from the Tamarac Community Center at 4:00 p.m. and is expected to return is 11:00 p.m.
Registration is required at 954-597-3620. Sorry, no online registration.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.18‘One Tamarac’ Multicultural Festival Moves Forward with New Date
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.30Commissioner Bolton Expresses Remorse Over Calling City Attorney ‘Untrustworthy’