By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac woman is in critical condition after a lane change triggered a three-car crash on I-75.
At approximately 6:41 a.m. on Thursday, February 28, a 2014 Nissan Altima driven by a 36-year-old female from Tamarac was traveling southbound on I-75 north of Griffin Road when she changed into the lane driven by Michael Steven Stanley, 45, of Davie, driving a 2016 BMW 340.
As a result of her lane change, the right side of her car collided with the BMW’s left side. She then redirected her vehicle into another lane where her left side collided with the third vehicle’s right side driven by Yambi Ovidio Adan Mogado, 35 of Live Oak, who was also traveling southbound.
They both landed on the right shoulder and collided with the guardrail.
The impact of the collision also caused the third vehicle’s side fuel tank to rupture.
The female driver from Tamarac is in critical condition and is not being named until next of kin is notified.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.24Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 1
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semi-Annual Garage Sale