By Ryan Yousefi
A verbal disagreement over politics took a violent turn, resulting in a woman stabbing her boyfriend in the forehead with a boxcutter.
On February 4, deputies from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office responded to a domestic disturbance with reported injuries at a Tamarac residence.
According to records, upon arrival, the victim reported that what started as a political debate with his live-in girlfriend, later identified as Karman Bernadette Moore, 61, of Tamarac, quickly escalated into a physical altercation.
The victim told officers the violence began as he attempted to defuse the situation and was bit on the right arm by Moore.
After the initial attack, the victim attempted to walk away but was further attacked by Moore, who allegedly grabbed a box cutter from the kitchen and began swinging the blade close to his head, eventually lacerating his forehead multiple times.
The victim ran into his room and called 911 to escape the immediate danger.
Moore was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education
- NewsFebruary 17, 20245th Annual Jazz Under the Stars Returns to Lauderhill on February 17